1.08.2010

Julie and Julia Bruschetta

from Sony Pictures


If you saw the movie, do you remember the scene when Julie and her husband are eating bruschetta and he is drooling all over it? I couldn't resist, so I tried to recreate the dish, without a recipe. Well, after doing so, I looked online and realized that this scene had created a bruschetta frenzy among viewers and the recipe was posted all over the place. I found out that what I had mistaken as colored peppers, were actually heirloom tomatoes. The actual recipe calls for the multi-colored baby tomatoes (heirloom) chopped and served atop the toast fresh, but here's what I did:
Chop 1 orange and 1 yellow pepper.
Add in whole grape or cherry tomatoes.
Toss in roasting pan with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and balsamic vinegar.
Roast (around 300) about two hours, or until they start blackening and tomatoes burst.
Fry slices of crusty bread of choice in olive oil (Yes, FRY! I rarely fry anything, but couldn't pass this up. It makes all the difference in the world.)
Layer basil leaves atop the browned bread, then scoop on topping. Do not let sit with topping too long because the bread will get soggy.

Bill sounded just like the guy on the movie. MMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment