10.19.2009

Praying Mama

Sometime back we made a list of prayers for Kade.  These were things we wanted for him and wanted to keep lifting in prayer.  I've really fallen away from being diligent about praying through this list, and today was a reminder of how important it is.  As parents, Bill and I so often get overwhelmed by the thought of taking care of everything.  But not everything is in our hands, nor are we alone in our tasks.  

Today, we were taking a walk and Kade left my grasp, just for a second, and hopped off the curb just as a car was peeling around the corner.  He luckily fell during his leap and the car braked.  I so often worry about this incident when we go on walks; he's a rambunctious, independent two year old.  Then, we went grocery shopping, he wasn't watching where he was walking and turned right into a card stand (the kind with arms that spin) and it poked his eye.  Bill was with him and said that Kade wouldn't open his eye, and Bill feared the worst.  Eventually he did, and luckily it was just a cut, not worse.  We will have to go to the doctor tomorrow to get it looked at.  It made me so sad for him.  Kade kept saying "eye boo boo."  He looks so beat up now because the exzema on his face is flaring up to.

My point here is that Bill and I can try to be the best parents possible, but things will still happen to him.  Life will still happen.  And rather than sit in fear, I have to have faith.  I need to be diligent about the role I can play in these things, which is prayer.  It's the only way my heart will survive the rest of this life with two boys... because, oh my gosh does it break your heart when they get hurt.   

No comments:

Post a Comment