11.07.2009

Being Mama


So, I've been pretty stressed lately.  Our move was troublesome (still is) and we are so busy with school.  Bill is balancing work, applying to PhD programs, school, thesis, and helping out at home.  I decided that I really need to take control of myself, limit my stress, organize our life a little more and provide a more balanced home.  Craving "me" time to focus and start my day peacefully, I decided to get up a little earlier to pray and do yoga.  I only prayed today, but it's a start.  I've really neglected this time because we stay up so late doing homework.  I'll have to figure out where that fits into the schedule so that I can get enough sleep.

Today has been pretty successful so far.  Kade played in his room and I got caught up on the backed-up laundry (our dryer is broke).  We shared a healthy lunch and he helped with the dishes.  I got plenty of sleep, so I feel like the afternoon will be just as productive.  I will work on homework while he is napping and then Bill comes home.  

I can't wait to be all settled into this house.  Nesting is setting in, and I'd love to have all the baby stuff set up.  I'm praying that we get settled into a balance before the baby comes so that I don't feel like a crazy person all the time, just some of the time.  We are hoping to keep the holidays low-key and enjoy our break from school.  Hope nobody minds, but we aren't doing too many gifts this year because we still need to buy lots of baby stuff.  We are a bit sad that we won't be visiting family this season, but it's for the best.  Only 9 weeks (give or take) til baby comes!!

Bill has been so great; I know he has so much to take care of.  He really deserves a more relaxed wife and home!  So, here I go...prayers please.

No comments:

Post a Comment